Suen Mei Kindergarten Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2021/22 School Year
- Collection of Application Forms:
- Download from Suen Mei Kindergarten(The kindergarten) website
- Obtain from the kindergarten in person
- Date: 7 September 2020 (Monday) to 6 October 2020 (Tuesday)
- Time: 9:30a.m. to 12:00noon and 2:00p.m. to 4:30p.m. (Monday to Friday)
9:30a.m. to 12:00noon (Saturdays)
- Date: 8 October 2020 (Thursday) to 17 October 2020 (Saturday) Except public holiday
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:00noon and 2:00p.m.to 4:30p.m. (Monday to Friday)
9:30a.m. to 12:00noon (Saturday)
- Submission method: Submit the application form in person (together with the documents required)
- Documents required:
- Completed application form (please attached the applicant's recent photo)
- The original copy and a photocopy of the applicant's birth certificate(If applicant was born in a place other than Hong Kong, original copy of the relevant birth certificate and proof of residence in Hong Kong are required)
- Supporting documents (hard copies) of “Admission Criteria” (if applicable)
- A self-addressed envelope (4 x 9 Inches, please write applicant's name and address clearly, stamped at HK$2)
- Application fee: HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form). The application fee is non-refundable whether the application is successful or not.
- Application for the "2020/21 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission"
- Under the kindergarten (KG) education scheme (hereafter referred to as "Scheme"),each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten
Admission” (hereafter referred to as "RC") to the EDB from September to November 2020.
The "RC" will be open for applications in September 2020 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto the EDB’s websit (https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/news/all.html) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the "RC" to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student cannot obtain an "RC" as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme, the EDB will then issue a "Kindergarten Admission Pass" (hereafter referred to as "AP") to the student concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
- The kindergarten will arrange individual interview for all applicants
- Interviews will be held on 7 or 14 November 2020 and applicants will be notified with details by phone
- Parents are encouraged to accompany their children for the interviews
- Admission Assessment Criteria
The kindergarten takes consideration of the following：
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten
- Applicant's father/mother is a staff member of the kindergarten
- Applicant's father/mother/elder sibling(s) as graduate(s) of the kindergarten
- Whole day class admission : For whole day class admission, kindergarten will follow the guidance of the Education Bureau and give due priority to families that require whole day services, such as families with working parents, those who need to take care of family member(s) with disability at home, etc.)
- Announcement of Admission Results：
- The results of the K1 admission will be informed to parents by post on or before 18 December 2020.
- Registration Arrangements：
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 7 to 9 January 2021 ("Centralised Registration Dates" ) by submitting the original of the "2020/21 RC/AP" to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the kindergarten. Parents are required to submit the original of the“2021/22 RC/AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the "2021/22 RC/AP" during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the Registration Certificate to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2021/22 K1 place is HK$970. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the "2020/21 RC/AP" as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Without the required“2021/22 RC/AP”, the kindergarten will not keep the place for the child.
- For whole day class applicants, families in need will be given priority consideration (As the number of the kindergarten places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed with the kindergarten place.)
- Enquiry Telephone no.: 2742-4925.